Environmental Drilling Technician
The Environmental Drilling Technician will report to the Drilling Supervisor on daily operation and project progress. Technician will perform work at various project locations performing drilling techniques to acquire soil and groundwater samples for internal and external clients. The Technician will work directly with the Driller daily to ensure project expectations are met, in an efficient, timely, and safe manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform strenuous physical labor associated with drilling activities, such as rig operation, soil/groundwater sample collection, waste removal, and other remediation services.
- Follow applicable safety rules, regulations, guidelines, policies, and site specific safety plans when performing cleanup activities and donning protective gear.
- Be knowledgeable and follow DOT laws and regulations regarding driving a CDL Class A combination vehicle/trailer.
- Assist with operation of various drilling rigs (Geoprobes, Air Rotary, Sonic).
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on drilling rigs and equipment.
- Complete and submit paperwork in a detailed and timely manner; including work/equipment logs, drilling records and logs, time records, maintenance.
- Travel up to 50% via driving a company vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required. Position will include out of town assignments.