City Utilities of Springfield
Under the direction of the Supervisor-Water Treatment Maintenance or designee, installs new equipment and performs repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities at the Fulbright and Blackman Water Treatment Plants and at remote sites.
Essential Job Functions
- Inspects, repairs, installs, and performs maintenance and preventative maintenance on equipment and facilities at Fulbright Treatment Plant and Blackman Treatment Plant and all remote sites.
- Trains other personnel regarding maintenance activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience
High school graduate or equivalent is required. A minimum of three years recent, relevant mechanical experience and three years recent electrical experience of industrial equipment is required. A working knowledge of high voltage electrical motors and controls, large pumps, and diesel engines is preferred. Successfully completed a training course in Electricity II or approved equal is preferred.
To be eligible for consideration for Maintenance Technician 2nd 6 months, candidate must meet Maintenance Technician 1st 6 months minimum qualifications plus:
- Extensive recent mechanical and electrical maintenance of industrial equipment; and
- Class “A” CDL license with air brake and hazardous material endorsement; and
- Successfully completed a training course in Electricity II or approved equal.
To be eligible for consideration for Maintenance Technician 3rd 6 months, candidate must meet the minimum Maintenance Technician 1st 6 months qualifications and the minimum Maintenance Technician 2nd 6 months qualifications plus:
- Extensive recent mechanical and medium voltage (to 6000 volt) electrical maintenance of industrial equipment; and
- Must be registered to take DNR test for class "D" Water license; and
- Hazwoper trained to HAZMAT Technician level.
Must have a valid Missouri CDL, Class A including air brakes with hazardous material endorsement, or be able to obtain one within six months of employment.
$24.89 per hour
Additional Details & Apply Online