Senior Project Manager
Kansas City, MO
The Senior Project Manager will report to the Manager of the Investigation/Remediation (I/R) Group. This position requires an understanding of scientific principles and regulatory requirements to gather and analyze information, write and review reports, direct fieldwork, and to guide and mentor staff scientists. The Senior Project Manager operates with an "all-hands-on-deck" mentality to ensure client satisfaction and a high level of quality in completion of assigned projects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complete management of environmental projects including initial scoping, budget development, work plan development, oversight of field activities, reporting, communication with client and regulators, and establishing objectives to achieve regulatory closure.
- Author proposals and cost estimates.
- Supervise the project team during site characterization and remediation activities.
- Complete and/or oversee sampling and analytical data evaluation for a variety of media. including soil, sediment, surface water, groundwater, solid waste, and hazardous waste.
- Apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjust and correlate data, recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Plan, direct, and oversee investigation/remediation activities including but not limited to: installation of monitoring wells, soil and groundwater sampling, packaging, and shipping.
- Research information and compile reports such as status reports, groundwater sampling, site characterization, and potential LNAPL/DNAPL recovery, and risk assessments.
- Request information from various governmental and regulatory organizations.
- Effectively and professionally interact with co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.
- Travel up to 30% via driving a company vehicle.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that will include work in both an office and field environment. Ability to work flexible hours with some weekend and holiday work required. This position will maintain 34-38 billable hours per week.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account (FSA,) 401(k) Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Career Development and Training ,Wellness Program