Manages the day-to-day operations of water and/or wastewater plant(s) in accordance with Company policies and procedures and all applicable governmental laws and regulations.
- Assist with preparing and controlling local construction, operations, and maintenance within established budget limitations. (10%)
- Establish a program that will ensure all EPA Partnership for Safe Water Goals will be met on a period-by-period basis. (10%)
- Ensure local water and/or wastewater operations meet the required standards and are in compliance with regulatory targets. (10%)
- Supervise the implementation of standards, targets, policies, and plans to ensure the continuing and increasing operational efficiency, effectiveness, and profitability. (10%)
- Ensure that operational integrity (quality, environment, reliability, health, safety, security, etc.) is maintained. (10%)
- Develop and direct cost effective solutions to meet customers’ expectations and technical requirements and to encourage best practice and innovation throughout all operational areas. (10%)
- Implement effective reporting processes.
- Provide analysis and support to Production Director with information required for various reports, budgets, and business plans.
- Implement and foster the coaching and development of employees, including idea generation, within respective functional areas.
- Ensure effective people management policies and practices are developed and implemented (e.g., time and attendance, workforce management, etc.) and ensure resources are developed and deployed appropriately.
- Continue to reinforce the importance of developing a diverse workforce.
- Support the Business Development function in the operational analysis pricing and integration of water and wastewater business opportunities in both the regulated and non-regulated markets.
- Work collaboratively with other functional leads to mitigate business risks.
- Implement effective communications at all levels of our operations.
- Provide effective leadership that will enhance our abilities to be flexible to changing business environments.
- Contribute to effective communication by listening and providing constructive feedback; supporting the creation of an open and honest work environment; cascading and sharing knowledge and information relevant to other members of the team and colleagues across the business. (40%)
- Knowledge of the regulated water/wastewater business within the region and the regulations impacting the business as well as applicable regulations, requirements, and trends within water/wastewater business.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures and management theories, practices, and trends.
- Expert knowledge of process and operational areas.
- 2-year or 4-year degree in operational discipline, management, or related technical discipline or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience in supervising operational areas and operating units, and managing and meeting performance targets.
- H.S. Diploma/GED